Gotra Karma determines the status of the soul. Gotra Karma determines the rank occupied by a person by virtue of his birth.it is divided into two categories:
1. High Status (Uchcha Gotra) Karma: that bestows the individual with superior family surroundings. These karmas causes us to be high and well respected in society.
2. Low Status (Neech Gotra) Karma : that determines the individual of low family surroundings. These karmas causes us to be low and not respected in society.
Causes of Gotra Karmas:
Disrespecting people, being egoistic, proud, indulging in self aggrandizement and making fun of others acquire lower status determining Karma. Higher status determining Karma is acquired by having devotion and faith in the Jain congregation, not looking down upon anyone, being free from pride, respecting and honoring all, and treating everyone with love.
How to discused Gotra Karmas:
Being respectful towards those who have status and also towards those who do not have status can shed status determining Karma. Once our status determining Karma is shed completely, our souls become stable, not too heavy and not too light state (Aguru_laghu).
Other posts of the series
- Mohaniya Karma (May 17, 2012)
- Nirjara - (May 18, 2012)
- Gyanavarniya Karma (May 26, 2012)
- Darshanvarniya Karma (May 27, 2012)
- Vedaniya Karma (Feeling Pertaining Karma) (May 28, 2012)
- Gotra Karma (This post) (May 29, 2012)
- Ayusya Karma – Age-Determining Karma (May 30, 2012)
- Antaraya Karma (June 1, 2012)
- Nama Karma (June 2, 2012)