Antaraya Karma means the karma that obstructs a jiva from giving charity, obtaining gains and enjoying things he has.
There are people who have a lot of money, but when it come to charity, they are not ready to give even a single rupee out of their pockets. This is because of Antaraya Karma. Similarly there are people who might be having all the material things that can make them happy like good cloths, good food, jewels etc. but still they are not able to use them. This is also because of Antaraya Karma.
Antaraya Karma is divided into five groups:
- Danantaraya Karma: This Karma obstructs rendering benevolence (charity).
- Labhantaraya Karma: This Karma obstructs attaining profit.
- Bhogantaraya Karma:This Karma obstructs enjoying things like food which can be enjoyed once.
- Upbhogantaraya Karma:This Karma obstructs the emergence of spiritual energy.
- Viryantaraya Karma:This Karma Obstructs the emergence of spiritual energy.
This karma does not allow you to perform any penance or any service or to be engaged in devotion. This Antraya Karma makes you lazy and week.